Free 5 week Computer Skills course
Starts the first Monday of every week
Suitable for beginners, the course will show you how to start a computer, organise files and print documents. The course will introduce you to the internet and show you how to search for information, communicate online using email and make purchases.
Moving forward there are two qualifications available: Digital Skills award and Digital Skills which is more in depth.
This qualification is made up of four units – two mandatory and two optional. The two mandatory units are:
- Computer basics: understand the desktop and how to create and print documents.
- Online basics: get online, search online, make purchases, and send and receive emails.
The five optional units are:
Social networking: understand personal profiles and groups, post messages and photos, and upload videos.
- Digital photography: take photos, organise photo collections and carry out simple editing.
- Digital music: manage and organise digital music collections and purchase music online.
- Digital media: create CDs and DVDs using a computer, upload and share files and collaborate online.
- Audio and video software: understand how to use a digital video camera, and edit and compile clips using movie editing software.
Thanks to government funding your courses and qualification could be free. We’ll confirm this with you before you start.
You can complete your qualification at your local Best Training centre with face-to-face support from our friendly qualified staff. You can even carry on your learning wherever you have internet access.
Your tutor will be there to give you advice, and you’ll have regular progress reviews to keep you on track.
You can enroll and start at any time, please call us on Best Training 01202 527654 (Bournemouth) & 01305 779217 (Weymouth)